Subject: Re: bug#46186: Some substitutes are broken (TLS error)

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 09:49:40 +0100

On Sun, 2021-02-07 at 22:12 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Is it still happening, consistently?  Or did you eventually manage to
> download that substitute?

IIRC, I eventually just build libreoffice with --no-substitutes or
--fallback.  I'll have to check if this still happens, though I
don't know how at the moment  (an up-to-date libreoffice and emacs
is currently installed).

> This could related to <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46330>.

Seems plausible to me.

> > To reproduce:
> > guix time-machine --commit=23a5dcce1d893b8f5c5301ae3c1af863776ed3cf \
> >   build libreoffice
> 
> I tried just in case but couldn’t reproduce it.  What matters here is
> the guix-daemon in use (which store item?), but I suspect it’s
> non-deterministic anyway.

I looked at the "guix pull --list-generations" output, and I couldn't
find the commit 23a5dcce1d893b8f5c5301ae3c1af863776ed3cf, weird.  (I
was trying to find the corresponding date and then look in the closest
guix system generation for the guix-daemon version)

Thanks,
Maxime.