Subject: [bug#46182] [PATCH] lint: Add 'check-git-protocol' checker.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 22:22:30 -0400

Hello,

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Leo,
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 at 20:46, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 01:14:33AM +0100, zimoun wrote:
>>> I propose ’match’ which is more coherent with the Guix style.  Well,
>>> from my understanding. :-)
>>
>> I have heard that before, but I don't know how to use it 🤷
>
> The section [1] in the manual is worth to read because running and
> playing with the examples gives a good feeling on how to use it. :-)
>
>> If this new patch is working for you, please push!
>
> I do not have this power. :-)

No longer true ;-).

Thinking about this change though; why is it bad to fetch from git
places?  There may be repos out there where it's the only offered way,
and as long as we're talking fixed output derivations, it seems moot
whether you use HTTPS, HTTP or X to retrieve the files (unless you are
worried about your traffic being monitored, but that's not in scope, I'd
say).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim