Subject: bug#4616: 23.1.50; empty script files

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 13:45:22 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think the way to fix this is to tell the reader that we're reading
> from a script file and then do the appropriate thing instead of altering
> the reader unconditionally.  That is,
>
>   if (argmatch (argv, argc, "-script", "--script", 3, &junk, &skip_args))
>     {
>       noninteractive = 1;	/* Set batch mode.  */
>
> in emacs.c should set some global variable, and then readevalloop (I
> think?) shouldn't signal an error if it turns out that there are no
> forms to read.

I implemented this a different way in Emacs 29, so this problem has now
been fixed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no