Subject: bug#46158: qucs-s build failure: cairocffi python2 issue

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 17:05:55 -0500

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 09:17:45AM -0900, Christopher Howard wrote:
> When I try to install qucs-s, installation ultimately fails due to
> build failure of dependency python2-cairocffi-1.2.0. Apparently python2
> is no longer allowed by cairocffi:
> starting phase `build'running "python setup.py" with command "build"
> and parameters ()Traceback (most recent call last):  File "<string>",
> line 1, in <module>  File "setup.py", line 7, in <module>    'cairocffi
> does not support Python 2.x anymore. 'RuntimeError: cairocffi does not
> support Python 2.x anymore. Please use Python 3 or install an older
> version of cairocffi.command "python" "-c" "import setuptools,
> tokenize;__file__='setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open',
> open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n',
> '\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" "build" failed
> with status 1
> My system information:
> christopher@theoden ~$ guix describeGeneration 11	Jan 28 2021
> 08:54:56	(current)  guix 34861ac    repository URL: 
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    branch: master    commit:
> 34861ac8eae3935b19b387545ca3c4c311fb66e7christopher@theoden ~$ neofetch
> --stdoutchristopher@theoden ------------------- OS: Guix System
> 34861ac8eae3935b19b387545ca3c4c311fb66e7 x86_64 Host: OptiPlex 9020 00
> Kernel: 5.10.3-gnu Uptime: 2 days, 19 hours, 15 mins Packages: 88
> (guix-system), 84 (guix-user) Shell: bash 5.0.16 Resolution: 1920x1080
> DE: GNOME Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal:
> kitty CPU: Intel i5-4570 (4) @ 3.600GHz GPU: Intel HD Graphics GPU: AMD
> ATI Radeon HD 8490 / R5 235X OEM Memory: 4624MiB / 7871MiB

I believe this is a duplicate of <https://bugs.gnu.org/46132>, so I'll
merge it with that bug.