Subject: bug#46152: Feature request

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:30:28 -0500

bill-auger <[email-masked]> writes:
> export/import of bookmarks is already a standard feature,
> which has existed for many years

Indeed, that functionality is accessible from the "Import and Backup"
menu of the bookmarks window, which you can bring up via Ctrl-Shift-O,
or by selecting "Show All Bookmarks" from the Bookmarks menu (after
showing the menu bar by pressing and releasing the 'Alt' key by itself).

Regarding importing and exporting settings, most of the user-customized
settings are in a plain text file: prefs.js in the profile directory,
which is in ~/.mozilla/icecat/<profile-dir-name>.  To export, you could
simply make a copy of that file.  To import, I guess that you could
overwrite that file while IceCat is *not* running.

If someone would like to propose a patch to add a nicer interface for
importing/exporting settings, we could consider it for inclusion in
IceCat.

     Regards,
       Mark