Subject: bug#46151: 28.0.50; Set revert-buffer-function in shell command output buffers

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 11:47:12 -0700

Hello,

On Sun 31 Jan 2021 at 08:37AM +01, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> This reminds me that I've often found it odd that there's no global
> binding for `revert-buffer' -- I think there should be, because it's
> such a useful command.
>
> Sean suggested `C-c C-r', which is nicely mnemonic, and is natural as a
> non-complicated alternative to `C-c C-f' when trying to reload a file
> (since `C-c C-f' has a lot of annoying DWIM stuff going on).

Well, C-c C-r is major mode territory, right?  So would not be suitable
for a global binding.

> Any opinions?

The C-x g suggestion from Juri seems the most reasonable so far.

To be honest I am inclined to agree with Drew that the command is not
worth a global binding.  Most people probably use it infrequently enough
in buffers where it does not have a local binding that they can just
access it with M-x, and those who do use it more frequently than average
can add a personal binding like C-c r.

-- 
Sean Whitton