Subject: bug#46151: 28.0.50; Set revert-buffer-function in shell command output buffers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 10:54:46 +0100

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> (info "(elisp) Key Binding Conventions") says C-c [^[:alpha:]] is
> reserved for major modes (paraphrasing).  IIUC this binding for
> revert-buffer would be global, so the C-x map would make more sense?  I
> think?
>
> C-x g would make the most sense under that assumption; unfortunately
> magit-status has been using that for years now…

Oh, yeah, I was thinking of `C-x C-r' and not `C-c C-r', but that's
unfortunately taken.

Hm...  the `C-x' map is pretty heavily populated.  Let's see what's
free...

C-x C-a
C-x C-y

Wow, those are the only `C-x C-<something>' not bound of the
alphabetical keys.  Neither seem extremely mnemonic for "revert"...

Perhaps `C-x C-a' for "aaargh, reload that file already!"

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no