Subject: bug#46151: 28.0.50; Set revert-buffer-function in shell command output buffers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:37:47 +0100

Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:

>> To avoid all possible conflicts, this looks harmless: 'C-c g'.
>
> Except key sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by a letter are
> reserved for user-defined bindings.

Indeed.

This reminds me that I've often found it odd that there's no global
binding for `revert-buffer' -- I think there should be, because it's
such a useful command.

Sean suggested `C-c C-r', which is nicely mnemonic, and is natural as a
non-complicated alternative to `C-c C-f' when trying to reload a file
(since `C-c C-f' has a lot of annoying DWIM stuff going on).

We can't use `C-c C-g', I guess, since we try to avoid keystrokes that
involve `C-g' (since `C-g' should reliably quit), but that would also be
a natural keystroke, since `revert-buffer' is bound to `g' in
`special-mode'.

Any opinions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no