Subject: Re: [bug#46139] [PATCH] gnu: Add tpm2-tss.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:26:11 +0100

Leo,

Thanks!

> (uri (string-append ... name ...))

Nitpick: there is no point in parameterising NAME here.  Unlike 
VERSION, it's more likely to cause future work than to save any. 
Just hard-code it.

> (inputs ...)

Did you forget `(use-modules (gnu packages tls))'?

> (synopsis "OSS implementation of the TCG TPM2 Software Stack 
> (TSS2)")

s/OSS i/I/

Likewise, Windows support is irrelevant, so we don't mention it. 
Don't know enough about the ‘Microsoft software TPM2 simulator’ to 
know if it is.

> IIRC, the manual suggests description of about 5 lines.

At minimum, IMO :-)  Between 5 and 10, depending on how much there 
is to say about the package.

Reducing each @item to ~1 sentence would strike a good balance. 
Be sure to keep any keywords that could help people ‘guix search’ 
for this package.  Drop the boring spec minutia.

> Trusted Computing Group's (TCG)

You can mark these up as @acronym{TCG, Trusted Computing Group}.

When finished, don't forget to run ‘guix lint tpm2-tss’.

Kind regards,

T G-R