Subject: bug#46138: 28.0.50; epg--filter-revoked-keys filters out valid keys

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 07:25:54 +0000

Hello Alexey,

>>>>> Alexey Shmalko <[email-masked]> writes:

    > When set with setq-local or file-local variables, the selection
    > list does not appear.

    > Previously it just encoded the file to the recipient.

    > Now with this bug present, it asks for a symmetric key. No
    > recipient prompt is shown for me.

As I followed up later, the list of keys (in non-symmetric encryption)
arose for me because I had forgotten to launch emacs *without* loading
my config file. (I have a setting in ~/.emacs that specifically asks for
all keys always.)

If I now use emacs -q <RET>, and use setq-local, I get no list of
keys and the file is encrypted to the recipient stipulated by
setq-local. However if I use add-file-local-variable-prop-line, I do get
a list of keys. With add-file-local-variable-prop-line, there is the
extra problem (bug?) that the user is asked to revert the buffer but
then told that there is no file present to revert. (I have raised
specifically this issue in the past.)

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.