Subject: Re: bug#46138: 28.0.50; epg--filter-revoked-keys filters out valid keys

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:49:05 +0000

>>>>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> Forgive me for butting in. Should not the email address be
    >> escaped as rasen.dubi@gmail\.com? If you use
    >> 'epa-file-encrypt-to' as a 'add-file-local-variable-prop-line'
    >> then the escape is automatically inserted when entering an email
    >> address value.

    > I'm unable to reproduce that (which would be kinda odd, since the
    > variable is a string, not a regexp?)

    > If I load a file /tmp/test.gpg with:

    > ;; -*- epa-file-encrypt-to: ("[email-masked]") -*-

    > (defun test ())

    > then the variable is ("[email-masked]").

What you write is correct and -*- epa-file-encrypt-to:
("[email-masked]") -*- is what I always used. However, I was curious
about using M-x add-file-local-variable-prop-line. Entering
epa-file-encrypt-to <RET> asks for "value" but without specifying string
or regexp. I stupidly just entered the email address without quotes. I
now know better. Perhaps the user should be given more information when
epa-file-encrypt-to asks for the value?

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.