Subject: bug#46137: 27.1.90; Eshell TAB completion adds TAB to prompt

From: Pedro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 10:14:35 -0800

1: emacs -Q -nw

2: M-x eshell

3: /bin/ls Mu<TAB> # completes to Music

4: observe TAB character after '$' prompt

Does not happen if I use the eshell/ls command

In GNU Emacs 27.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
of 2021-01-27 built on vm1804
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Recent messages:
Loading em-ls...done
Loading em-prompt...done
Loading em-script...done
Loading em-term...done
Loading em-unix...done
Complete, but not unique
Making completion list...
Complete, but not unique
No match [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [3 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/pbecerra/.local --without-makeinfo
--without-x --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
SOUND NOTIFY INOTIFY MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Eshell

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail tool-bar rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils pcmpl-unix cl-seq em-unix em-term term disp-table
easymenu ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls cl-loaddefs cl-lib em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs esh-var em-cmpl pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode regexp-opt eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 64161 7403)
(symbols 48 7677 1)
(strings 32 21338 920)
(string-bytes 1 718116)
(vectors 16 10636)
(vector-slots 8 115178 6210)
(floats 8 29 370)
(intervals 56 322 0)
(buffers 1000 13))