Subject: bug#46158: closed (Re: bug#46158: qucs-s build failure: cairocffi python2 issue)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 01:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#46132: qucs-s build failure: cairocffi python2 issue

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46132: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46132
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#46158: qucs-s build failure: cairocffi python2 issue
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 02:03:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 at 15:48, Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I was able to build qucs a week or two ago, but didn't report it. I
> think you can close this bug report. Thank you.

Thanks, so closing.

Subject: qucs-s build failure: cairocffi python2 issue
From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
To: Guix Bug Reports <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 09:17:45 -0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I try to install qucs-s, installation ultimately fails due to
build failure of dependency python2-cairocffi-1.2.0. Apparently python2
is no longer allowed by cairocffi:
starting phase `build'running "python setup.py" with command "build"
and parameters ()Traceback (most recent call last):  File "<string>",
line 1, in <module>  File "setup.py", line 7, in <module>    'cairocffi
does not support Python 2.x anymore. 'RuntimeError: cairocffi does not
support Python 2.x anymore. Please use Python 3 or install an older
version of cairocffi.command "python" "-c" "import setuptools,
tokenize;__file__='setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open',
open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n',
'\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" "build" failed
with status 1
My system information:
christopher@theoden ~$ guix describeGeneration 11	Jan 28 2021
08:54:56	(current)  guix 34861ac    repository URL: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    branch: master    commit:
34861ac8eae3935b19b387545ca3c4c311fb66e7christopher@theoden ~$ neofetch
--stdoutchristopher@theoden ------------------- OS: Guix System
34861ac8eae3935b19b387545ca3c4c311fb66e7 x86_64 Host: OptiPlex 9020 00
Kernel: 5.10.3-gnu Uptime: 2 days, 19 hours, 15 mins Packages: 88
(guix-system), 84 (guix-user) Shell: bash 5.0.16 Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: GNOME Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal:
kitty CPU: Intel i5-4570 (4) @ 3.600GHz GPU: Intel HD Graphics GPU: AMD
ATI Radeon HD 8490 / R5 235X OEM Memory: 4624MiB / 7871MiB