Subject: Re: [bug#46124] [PATCH] Idris 2

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:27:39 +0200

raingloom schreef op ma 26-04-2021 om 17:22 [+0200]:
> There hasn't been a tagged release since then, so I'm sending my
> original patch, but I should note that in my channel I've been tracking
> the latest commit, which does seem to work, although it's been a while
> since I used Idris for anything complicated.
> 
> +                     ;; TODO detect toolchain
> +                     "CC=gcc")))

Unless idris has a compiler built in that uses gcc for compiling
idris to machine code, this should likely be
,(string-append "CC=" (cc-for-target)) instead, such that the
cross-compiler is used when cross-compiling.

Teaching (cc-for-target) to detect which toolchain should be used
is a separate matter.  Maybe it could be a macro that looks at
(package-native-inputs this-package) or something.

Greetings,
Maxime.