Subject: bug#46117: 12.3.1; windows unfriendly change

From: Matt Stinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:31:51 -0600

The recent change to tex-jp.el (commit:

384c1d2528eba44cd53d8ea42e151c7b4445bafd) appears to have added a

windows unfriendly coding.

When the auctex builds I receive the following error related to tex-jp.el:
"local variables

entry is missing the suffix"

I think rather than

coding: iso-2022-jp-unix

it should be

coding: iso-2022-jp

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)

 of 2020-08-21

Package: 12.3.1

current state:

==============

(setq

 AUCTeX-date "2020-10-22"

 window-system 'w32

 LaTeX-version "2e"

 TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"

                  "c:/Users/irfydj/.emacs.d/straight/build/auctex/style"

                  "c:/Users/irfydj/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"

                  "c:/Users/irfydj/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")

 TeX-auto-save t

 TeX-parse-self t

 TeX-master t

 TeX-command-list '(("TeX"

                     "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts)
%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"

                     TeX-run-TeX nil

                     (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help

                     "Run plain TeX")

                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil

                     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")

                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile
nil

                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")

                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"

                     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help

                     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")

                    ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%'
%t"

                     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")

                    ("ConTeXt"

                     "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts)
%(execopts)%t"

                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt
once")

                    ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"

                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help

                     "Run ConTeXt until completion")

                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode context-mode)

                     :help "Run BibTeX")

                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Run Biber")

                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help

                     "Run Viewer")

                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the
file")

                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help

                     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)

                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Generate PostScript file")

                    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Convert DVI file to PostScript")

                    ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")

                    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Convert PostScript file to PDF")

                    ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary\n
file")

                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Run makeindex to create index file")

                    ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Run upmendex to create index file")

                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil

                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode

                      texinfo-mode)

                     :help "Run xindy to create index file")

                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)

                     :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")

                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil
(latex-mode)

                     :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")

                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function
nil

                     t :help "Spell-check the document")

                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help

                     "Delete generated intermediate files")

                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t
:help

                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")

                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help

                     "Run an arbitrary command")

                    )

 )