Subject: bug#46116: Acknowledgement (28.0.50; Ticking articles fails on Emacs 28 pgtk build)

From: Jonathan Corbet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 14:57:02 -0700

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:37:50 +0000
Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Trying to determine that was how I found the workaround - putting in a
> > (message) call made the problem go away.  The call, though, is from
> > gnus-summary-mark-article:  
> 
> Perhaps you can put the print just before the call instead of inside,
> this will not effect the function we are interested.
> 
> >> 	(when (gnus-summary-goto-subject article nil t)

Indeed, I did that before when I reported that "article" is an integer
article number.  

> Do we have a self contained reproducer I can look into?

I wish.  In an attempt to get there I've gone from the Fedora build to a
build from the feature/native-comp branch.  Naturally, the problem doesn't
manifest itself there.  This seems like a real heisenbug, but it is also
possible that we're seeing something wrong with the Fedora build.  It may
be best to let this slide until such a time as I can reproduce it more
reliably.  Sorry if I've wasted your time...

Thanks,

jon