Subject: bug#46109: Failing tests (guix-pack, lint)

From: taxuswc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 22:10:31 +0000

Hello,

I am building GNU Guix from the source on a foreign distro. Several 
tests fail:
1. tests/lint.scm.
2. tests/guix-pack.sh. Probably, tar is the root of the issue, as it 
refuses to create a hard link to /opt/gnu/bin.
3. When current directory has symlinks in its path, tests/guix-gc.sh 
fail because of the absence of path canonicalization in $PWD.
     Assuming ln -s ~/downloads ~/downloads-sl and insertion of echo 
instead of pipe at line 71, tests/guix-gc.sh yields

+ guix gc --list-roots
accepted connection from pid 911, user taxus
/home/taxus/downloads/distro/guix/guix-1.2.0/guix-gc-root
/home/taxus/downloads/distro/guix/guix-1.2.0/test-tmp/var/755/profiles
+ echo grep /home/taxus/downloads-sl/distro/guix/guix-1.2.0/guix-gc-root
grep /home/taxus/downloads-sl/distro/guix/guix-1.2.0/guix-gc-root

I am аttaching ./test-suite-failing.log for the #1 and #2 and providing 
the versions of the build requirements below:

- GNU tar: 1.33
- GNU make: 4.3
- GNU guix: 1.2.0,
- GNU Guile: 2.2.6
- guile-json: 4.3.2
- guile-gcrypt: 0.3.0
- gnutls: 3.7.0
- guile-sqlite3: 0.1.3
- guile-zlib: 0.0.1
- guile-lzlib: 0.0.1
- guile-avahi: 6d43caf64f672a9694bf6c98bbf7a734f17a51e8
- guile-git: 0.4.0

Also, tests/offload.scm tests brings down the entire test suite when 
guile-ssh is not installed (despite it being an optional dependency); 
attaching the corresponding logfile, too.

Thanks in advance,
    ~taxuswc