Subject: bug#4610: 23.1; VC commit buffer should list files to be committed

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:50:24 +0200

Tom Tromey <[email-masked]> writes:

> Today I accidentally committed one file but not another one from
> *vc-dir*.  That happened because point was on one file, not on the
> containing directory as I'd thought.
>
> It would be nice if the VC commit message buffer listed the files that
> were going to be committed.  Such a list should automatically be
> stripped out before being sent to the underlying command as the commit
> message.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

It seems like this was implemented a some point in the years since this
was reported.  By default, Emacs shows the included screenshot now, so
I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no