Subject: bug#46082: acknowledged by developer (control message for bug #46082)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 22:10:03 +0200

> From: Marco Munari <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 20:22:58 +0100
> 
> read the rendered manual page with attention
> (I described at the beginning of the initial bug report
>  the problem in the line marked with (*))
> 
> python and even perl info manuals uses a lot of @ref (according
> to the way texinfo does and describe its functionality)
> resulting a lot of inappropriate  See  making the references surrounded
> by nonsense "see ... dot(.)", but the problem emerges in the exact page
> of texinfo describing how @ref should work, showing that it doesnt.
> 
> Anyway as required an example on how python manual looks,
> here there is a random section (Note the "see" are simply misleading.
> My fix removes the default misbehaviour for "see",
> but the dot(.) after the node description remains):

I have difficulty understanding the problem, and thus the proposed
solution.  I think the difficulty stems from the fact that you didn't
show the Texinfo source of the Info output which you posted.  Without
that, it's hard to decide whether the problem is with Emacs, or with
Texinfo's 'makeinfo', or with the original Texinfo source as authored
by whoever wrote those manuals (which are not Emacs manuals).

So please show the Texinfo sources of these snippets.

Thanks.