Subject: Re: bug#4608: Description of `buffer-swap-text' is vague and inadequate.

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:46:27 +0200

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 15:56, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

[Stefan, you've duplicated the bug because of Cc: [email-masked]]

> grep disagrees:
>
>   % grep buffer.swap.text src/ChangeLog*
>   src/ChangeLog:  * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Use POINTER_TYPE.
>   src/ChangeLog:  * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text) [REL_ALLOC]: Reset ralloc's internal
>   src/ChangeLog:  * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Signal error if swapping a dead buffer.
>   src/ChangeLog:  * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Remove redundant marker manipulation.
>   src/ChangeLog:  * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Reset window->point markers.
>   src/ChangeLog:  * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): New function.
>   %

Or, using our own tool:

C:\emacs\src> grep-changelog --text=buffer.swap.text --reverse

2008-02-25  Stefan Monnier  <[email-masked]>

        * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): New function.
        (syms_of_buffer): Defsubr it.

2008-09-07  Stefan Monnier  <[email-masked]>

        * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Reset window->point markers.

2008-11-21  Stefan Monnier  <[email-masked]>

        * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Remove redundant marker manipulation.
        Fix copy/paste typo.  Add checks.

2008-12-09  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

        * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Signal error if swapping a dead buffer.

2008-12-24  Jason Rumney  <[email-masked]>

        * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text) [REL_ALLOC]: Reset ralloc's internal
        record of what points where.  (Bug#716)

2008-12-25  Jason Rumney  <[email-masked]>

        * buffer.c (Fbuffer_swap_text): Use POINTER_TYPE.

    Juanma