Subject: bug#46070: 28.0.50; Set point/line style via 'gs' has no effect

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 11:28:42 +0100

Start emacs with the -Q flag. Open calc, plot some simple function
e.g. insert algebraically '[0..360] RET, and 'sin(x) RET. Then first
plot by pressing `gf`. Now close the graph by pressing `q` and then set
a different line style by pressing e.g. `C-u 2 g s`. The *Gnuplot
Commands* buffer will pop up and it shows that the gnuplot command ends
with "with lines 2". Now plot using `gp`, the plot will show up without
a different linestyle. Repeat with pressing `C-u 3 g s`, it will have
no
effect. Idem for point styles (`gS`).

Now the solution is simple, just manually insert "ls" between "with
lines" and the following number in the *Gnuplot Commands* buffer. Then
plot again with `gp`, the graph will show with different linestyle.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-01-22 built on daniel-fedora
Repository revision: ca36669c8884d1254206a1e3e919cf65ea427b7e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Fedora 33 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets --with-imagemagick --with-cairo
 --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS
GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ
M17N_FLT
LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Calculator

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search seq byte-
opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x calc-arith
calc-prog calc-graph calc-misc calc-math calccomp calc-forms calc-alg
calc-vec calc-ext cl-loaddefs cl-lib calc-aent calc-menu easymenu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91051 10350)
 (symbols 48 10009 1)
 (strings 32 26667 1822)
 (string-bytes 1 840587)
 (vectors 16 17163)
 (vector-slots 8 215360 12198)
 (floats 8 39 261)
 (intervals 56 244 0)
 (buffers 984 17))