Subject: Re: [bug#46058] [PATCH] gnu: Test rust-juniper-codegen.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 10:20:21 +0100

Hello,

Matthew Kraai <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/patches/rust-juniper-codegen-use-__private.patch: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
> * gnu/packages/crates-io.scm (rust-juniper-codegen-0.14)[source]: Use it.
>   [arguments]: Do not set #:tests? to #false.

Thank you for fixing my FIXME. :)

However, I ponder if this is going in the right direction. IIUC, the
goal for Rust packaging is to automatically fetch and build inputs and
development inputs, using the importer, i.e., maybe writing something like

     #:cargo-inputs (("instant" "0.1")
                     ("lock-api" "0.4")
                     ("parking-lot-core" "0.8"))

and let the crate importer deal with it without providing the packages
ourselves.

In this case, why bother, since any non-leaf package will be expected to
#:skip-build anyway. What about doing it here, too?

WDYT?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou