Subject: bug#46047: closed (Re: bug#46047: 28.0.50; Namazu-based mail searching not working anymore)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 20:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#46047: 28.0.50; Namazu-based mail searching not working anymore

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46047: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46047
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#46047: 28.0.50; Namazu-based mail searching not working anymore
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 13:38:58 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]> writes:

> --=-=-=
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>
> Hall=F6chen!
>
> Eric Abrahamsen writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Torsten, if you have a moment, would you try the attached diff and
>> confirm that it fixes the problem you're seeing?
>
> Yes, with the patch it works.  Thank you!

Great news! Thanks for the very quick test. Closing this now.

Eric

Subject: 28.0.50; Namazu-based mail searching not working anymore
From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:07:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since commit 7fad12c59b3c65665c10050e800d1d7ad5a2e056, I have
problems getting namazu-based mail searching working.  My
configuration says:

In .emacs:

(setq nnir-namazu-index-directory "/var/lib/namazu/")

In .gnus:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "" (nnir-search-engine namazu))))
;; I have not set gnus-search-use-parsed-queries.

This results in "Group nnselect:nnselect-87sg78bdzr.fsf contains no
messages" error when I hit "G G" in the group buffer and enter a query
string.  Besides, the namazu executable is not called at all.  The same
behavour I get if I don’t configure namazu at all in Emacs/Gnus.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-01-10 built on brad
Repository revision: 8ace7700b93c6c0835ddac6633a7ec07daf56225
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x
 --with-file-notification=inotify'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB OLDXMENU X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.3.1/tex-site hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/tex-site

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail misearch multi-isearch gnus-picon sort smiley
gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnutls pop3 nndraft
nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnml
nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com cl
network-stream nsm nntp gnus-topic css-mode sgml-mode eww xdg url-queue
mm-url color python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp jade-mode js cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs stylus-mode sws-mode face-remap flyspell ispell reftex-dcr
reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars font-latex latexenc tex-mode vc-git
dired-aux centered-cursor-mode etags-table magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff
smerge-mode diff diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async shell dash graphviz-dot-mode taskjuggler-mode
skeleton darkroom cql-mode sql view rust-mode swift-mode go-errcheck
go-mode find-file ffap etags fileloop xref project yaml-mode
dockerfile-mode rx sh-script smie executable dired-x adaptive-wrap
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org-agenda ob-python org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func server mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region
mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat rst browse-kill-ring
bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs preview reporter tex-buf latex
latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake compile text-property-search comint
ansi-color ring warnings thingatpt tex-ispell tex-style autorevert
filenotify tex-fold easy-mmode tex dbus xml crm advice texmathp edmacro
kmacro savehist time desktop frameset delsel cus-start cus-load tex-site
info package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 530668 48100)
 (symbols 48 46881 1)
 (strings 32 161690 14204)
 (string-bytes 1 5424875)
 (vectors 16 72748)
 (vector-slots 8 825424 36893)
 (floats 8 971 59)
 (intervals 56 15658 1577)
 (buffers 984 50))

-- 
Torsten Bronger