Subject: bug#46047: 28.0.50; Namazu-based mail searching not working anymore

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 10:46:52 +0200

Hallöchen!

Eric Abrahamsen writes:

> [...]
>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Earlier in the day I pushed a change to Emacs master to use
>>> `condition-case-unless-debug' in `nnselect-run'. If you're in the
>>> habit of running a recent Emacs, would you pull from source and
>>> rebuild, then `toggle-debug-on-error' and run this search again,
>>> posting the backtrace?
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>>   file-readable-p(nil)
>
> This just means that when namazu returns its search results, this
> function fails to find a filename. In other words, the (match-string 4)
> returns nil.

I made some progress with this.  The buffer containing namazu’s
output contains trailing garbage on my system.  The tailing string
is: "Process search-nnml: finished".  This cannot be matched, of
course, which makes everything fail.

I don’t know where this comes from, though.

Regards,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger