Subject: Re: bug#46029: 27.1; mail-archive-file-name cannot be changed once it is set.

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 22:20:11 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 09:42:25 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> Are you using message-mode (as opposed to mail-mode) to compose your
>> email messages?  If so, I think you need to change the value of
>> message-default-mail-headers when you switch accounts.  message-mode
>> picks up the values of mail-archive-file-name and mail-default-headers
>> when it starts up, and computes from them the value of
>> message-default-mail-headers, which it uses thereafter.
>
> I've now added this nit to the respective doc strings.

There has been no followups within 12 weeks.  I'm therefore assuming
that the above resolved the issue, and I'm therefore closing this bug
report.

If this conclusion is incorrect and this is still an issue, please reply
to this email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can
reopen the bug report.