Subject: Re: bug#4599: 23.1.50; VC (CVS) fails to show directory status

From: Tim Van Holder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:38:28 +0200

2009/10/1 Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>:
> The patch below indeed seems to fix the problem.
>
> [snip]

Yes, this morning's CVS build works fine again.

I still have a couple outstanding issues with VC (CVS backend):

- Sometimes after checking in (either C-x v v in a file, or from
vc-dir), I get "point before start of properties". The commit will
have succeeded at that point (so it's not a big deal as such), but the
mode line of a buffer visiting a checked-in file will not be updated
to indicate its "unmodified" status (i.e. will have "CVS:1.blah"
instead of "CVS-1.blah").
- Some operations, when done on a directory name in vc-dir fail; for
example, I just pressed '+' when on a directory name (containing only
'need-update' files), and got the error "vc-cvs-merge-news: Couldn't
analyze cvs update result". The *vc* buffer has normal CVS output at
that point ("cvs update: Updating ." followed by a bunch of P lines);
my guess it's that first line that confuses VC. Again, the operation
does indeed succeed, so it's not a big deal.

I'll report these as separate bugs once they annoy me enough.