Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] gnu: guile-redis: Update to 2.0.0.

From: BonfaceKilz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 13:42:31 +0300

Hi! For this patch, I've downgraded guile2.0-redis back to 1.3.0. The problem
with with trying to build v2.0.0 on guile2.0 is that libs like (ice-9
textual-ports) were not yet present; but are used in v2.0 of
guile-redis. Here's what I have when I get into a guile2.0 repl:

#+begin_src 
➜  guix git:(master) ✗ guix environment -C --ad-hoc [email-masked] -- guile
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/f6pxq82f7ifzxmlaba72x0mn9rqfdf8b-profile.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/3ghqadnzhddgcf8nljfzjrkyzvizn61m-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/4p7wnbk6bh9g6q1wlb48zmf09rlnwdxl-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/4q08ispks919baxrvp5g7wyipn1n98lc-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/f15hk17knzla3wzhmfyx61lwih1g5mjq-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
building CA certificate bundle...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building database for manual pages...
building profile with 1 package...
GNU Guile 2.0.14
Copyright (C) 1995-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> ,use (ice-9 textual-ports)
While executing meta-command:
ERROR: no code for module (ice-9 textual-ports)
scheme@(guile-user)> 
#+end_src

In this patch set, I've downgraded the guile2.0-redis version to 1.3.0.

BonfaceKilz (2):
  gnu: guile-redis: Update to 2.0.0.
  gnu: guile2.0-redis: Revert to 1.3.0.

 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm | 15 +++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 13 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2