Subject: bug#45966: 28.0.50; dired: total used not updated after deleted files

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 13:08:39 +0300

If I have situation like this below, then I have marked those files with
m and used D to delete them.

  /home/data1/protected/tmp/Trash:
  total used in directory 832 available 103.9 GiB
  drwxr-xr-x 14 admin admin 454656 Jan 16 13:04 .
  drwxrwxrwt 56 admin admin 327680 Jan 16 10:50 ..
* drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin   4096 Jul 21  2019 .Contacts-Backup
  -r--------  1 admin admin    150 Nov 28 15:05 .dir-locals.el
* drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin   4096 Jan 16 10:41 .downloads
* drwxrwx---  2 admin admin   4096 Jan 16 10:41 .downloads.~1~
* drwx------  2 admin admin   4096 Oct 18  2017 .elinks
* drwx------  2 admin admin   4096 Jan 16 10:40 .emacs.d
* -rw-r--r--  1 admin admin     23 Apr 17  2004 .forward
* drwx--S---  2 admin admin   4096 Nov 11  2007 .gnupg
* drwx------  2 admin admin   4096 Jul 14  2017 .gnupg.~1~
* -rw-------  1 admin admin      0 Dec 13 20:31 .lock
* drwx------  2 admin admin   4096 Mar 24  2018 .ssh
* drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin   4096 Apr 29  2018 .stfolder
* drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin   4096 Aug 14  2018 .stfolder.~1~
* drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin   4096 Apr 30  2018 .stfolder.~2~
* drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin   4096 May 28  2018 .stfolder.~3~
* -rw-rw----  1 admin admin    243 Dec  1 17:20 .wget-hsts

After that the buffer reverted and I could see this below. However the
"total used in directory 832" did not update. I think it should update
as if buffer reverted and files were removed and now buffer showing me
almost empty list then it shall also update the total.

  /home/data1/protected/tmp/Trash:
  total used in directory 832 available 103.9 GiB
  drwxr-xr-x 14 admin admin 454656 Jan 16 13:04 .
  drwxrwxrwt 56 admin admin 327680 Jan 16 10:50 ..
  -r--------  1 admin admin    150 Nov 28 15:05 .dir-locals.el

Only after pressing "g" to revert buffer I could see this below new
updated "total used"

  /home/data1/protected/tmp/Trash:
  total used in directory 776 available 103.9 GiB
  drwxr-xr-x  2 admin admin 454656 Jan 16 13:05 .
  drwxrwxrwt 56 admin admin 327680 Jan 16 10:50 ..
  -r--------  1 admin admin    150 Nov 28 15:05 .dir-locals.el

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-01-01 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 30a1d5da7a43d51a97cbe8d91add9a26dd99df90
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs --with-modules
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/data1/protected/GNUstep/Library/Libraries/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils view cus-edit easymenu
pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired
dired-loaddefs iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78602 8908)
 (symbols 48 9047 0)
 (strings 32 25015 2699)
 (string-bytes 1 769856)
 (vectors 16 14652)
 (vector-slots 8 241398 26207)
 (floats 8 36 64)
 (intervals 56 592 0)
 (buffers 984 19))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis
⎔ λ 🄯 𝍄 𝌡 𝌚