Subject: Re: bug#45962: ‘binutils-mesboot0’includes non-zero timestamps in ar archives

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 06:52:35 +0100

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hey Ludo!

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
> I can think of two possibilities, then: (1) apply the patch in a phase
> rather than via the ‘patches’ field, and (2) arrange so that
> ‘patch-and-repack’ does not compress the patched code or compresses it
> with the bootstrap gzip.

Oh, that would be nice: we could remove all these clumsy manual patching
stages.  Also, we may be able to remove XZ from the bootstrap chain, if
no XZ-repackaging happens and only build a final version.

> My understanding is that #2 may be doable now thanks to Maxim’s recent
> changes.  I’ll take a look!

Great!
Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com