Subject: Re: Telegram-CLI (v6)

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 17:18:05 -0500

Hi Leo!

> The commit does not match up with the version.  If this is intended,
> use git-version instead.

Changed in v7.

> You might want to write that in terms of copy-build-system.

Hmm. I tried but couldn't come up with a way to do it like that. :(

> Same here.  Also, I'm not sure if SysV init scripts are that compatible
> with Guix running on Shepherd.  Is there a more direct way of launching
> the daemon?

Updated git-version in v7.

The script may only be used on foreign-distro for now. For guix system, 
we need to define a service for it.

Also, running telegram-cli doesn't require daemon, but vice-versa. The 
daemon is intended to be a complimentary feature to run telegram-cli on 
headless server.

> Not that it makes much of a difference, as I doubt this file will still
> be needed, but PATH=$PATH is a noop.  Perhaps you want (getenv "PATH")
> instead?

I don't think so. The file is a run-time script. So the script will use 
the value of env-var PATH provided by the system. Using (getenv "PATH") 
will instead use the value of PATH inside the build environment.

Regards,
RG.