Subject: bug#45946: [PATCH] Re: bug#45946: 28.0.50; hl-line-sticky-flag not working

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 10:10:47 +0200

> From: Gabriel do Nascimento Ribeiro <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 23:22:21 -0300
> 
> > While at that, would it be possible to fix some code there that I at
> > least consider strange?  E.g., it calls delete-overlay, but doesn't
> > assign nil to the variable, so the overlayp predicate still returns
> > non-nil for the resulting invalid overlay.  Also, it puts 2 functions
> > on the post-command-hook, but it looks like the code subtly depends on
> > the order of their execution (should hl-line-highlight run before or
> > after hl-line-maybe-unhighlight?).
> 
> Hi Eli,
> 
> Thanks for your suggestions. Please find attached a new patch that uses
> a single post-command-hook function and some other minor changes. The
> original issue is fixed.

Thanks, this LGTM, but could you please accompany the changes with the
ChangeLog-style commit log message (see CONTRIBUTE about the details)?

Also, this patch is close to the limit that we can accept without
copyright assignment.  So I'd suggest that you start the legal
paperwork rolling at this time, to allow us to accept your future
contributions.  Would you like me to send to you the legal form to
fill?