Subject: Re: bug#45943: php 7.4.14 fails tests on aarch64

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:14:35 -0800

On 2021-01-18, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2021-01-18, Julien Lepiller wrote:
>> What does the log say? It should list test failures at the end.
>
> I don't have the system handy at the moment, but there is a recent build
> log failure from staging:
>
>   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/187255/log/raw
>
> It appears to have logged 6 failures, though I haven't managed to find
> which tests failed in the build output at a cursory glance...
>
> Will try to get a failed build log locally when I get a chance to more
> easily debug and review...

=====================================================================
FAILED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug #76705: unusable ssl => peer_fingerprint in stream_context_create()
[ext/openssl/tests/bug76705.phpt]
int openssl_x509_checkpurpose ( mixed $x509cert , int $purpose [, array
$cainfo = array() [, string $untrustedfile ]] \
) function [ext/openssl/tests/openssl_x509_checkpurpose_basic.phpt]
sni_server [ext/openssl/tests/sni_server.phpt]
sni_server with separate pk and cert
[ext/openssl/tests/sni_server_key_cert.phpt]
Bug #72071 setcookie allows max-age to be negative
[ext/standard/tests/network/bug72071.phpt]
opendir() with 'ftps://'
stream. [ext/standard/tests/streams/opendir-003.phpt]
opendir() with 'ftps://'
stream. [ext/standard/tests/streams/opendir-004.phpt]
=====================================================================

Full log attached.

live well,
  vagrant

>> Le 17 janvier 2021 15:56:34 GMT-05:00, Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>>>php 7.4.14 fails to build on aarch64 due to test suite failures.
>>>
>>>Reverting back to php 7.4.13 by reverting commit
>>>d033540e6c113323089403a26e39f9a288c9c857 works fine for me, though
>>>obviously it would be better to track down the exact test suite failure
>>>and figure out a proper fix.
>>>
>>>This blocks numerous other packages from building, such as libsoup,
>>>which blocks building of network-manager.