Subject: bug#45926: Tabulated-list-mode wasteful properties

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 11:01:30 +0000

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2021-03-11 21:39, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> I would try modifying this data with something like `setcdr' to see if
>> it updates everywhere -- if the answer yes, then this data is shared and
>> there is no problem here.
>
> Why are you telling me this when it's just as easy for you to do it
> yourself?

The opinions voiced so far are that there does not seem to be excessive
duplication of data, since most of it is shared.

You can help the discussion by providing either evidence to the
contrary, or a patch that demonstrably lowers the memory usage of
tabulated-list-mode and the package list.

Stefan is being helpful by nudging a bug discussion that fell silent; it
is unfair to expect him to do all the work (and where's the fun in that
anyway ;).

-- 
Basil