Subject: bug#45926: Tabulated-list-mode wasteful properties

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 10:11:28 -0500

On 2021-01-17 13:40, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Are you sure the data is actually duplicated and doesn't share
> structure?

Until you wrote, I definitely was. I think I still am, but I'm willing
to look again. It's easier for me since I just recently wrote a
ten-column tabulated list mode application. In my case I do see it
clearly because the text of each row in my tabulated list isn't
disturbed/confused by any text properties, and I do see an exact
duplication of each entire row entry in the property for each column of
that property.

I expect to publish the software within a day or two, and plan to
announce it on the emacs-devel and possibly other lists, at which time
you'll be able to see the internals for yourself. The package is planned
to be named 'crossword.el' and it brings to emacs the ability to
download and play crossword puzzles.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0