Subject: bug#45925: 27.1; *Summary* buffer vs. raw utf-8 headers

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 03:55:44 +0800

LI> I thought this was about nnml?  Is ~/Maildir/new/Z your nnml directory?

No. I just made a file where gnus gets its mail from when I hit "g".
g runs the command gnus-group-get-new-news

Anyway, all you need to do to reproduce this bug, is to have somebody
send you a mail with raw UTF-8 in the Subject header.

LI> There was just ASCII in the part you posted.  Could you gzip it, as I
LI> asked you to?

$ perl -nwle 'print if /\P{ASCII}/' Mail/mail/misc/.overview > /tmp/h
$ gzip /tmp/h
Here you will see a mix of raw UTF-8, raw big5, all in the same file.
The raw big5 works fine, but the raw UTF-8 looks garbled, in the summary
buffer. In the article buffer, all look fine.

Here are all my config files:
https://www.jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs
https://www.jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.gnus.el
https://www.jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs-custom.el
https://www.jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs-w3m