Subject: bug#45917: [PATCH] Use big brackets in Calc in big mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 06:37:19 +0100

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> The attached patch makes Calc use big brackets in Big mode when the
> Unicode characters are available. This makes for prettier display
> which is sort of the point of using Big mode. It follows previous use
> of Unicode characters for square root and integral signs.

Makes sense to me, but...

> As far as I can tell the only reasons for not applying this would be
> that it is common with fonts or terminals where this doesn't look
> good,

... would it be possible to have a fallback if the display doesn't
support these characters?

> or that the resulting formula isn't recognised by the
> embedded-mode parser (which is already the case with several other
> constructs).

Yeah.  Or there could be a variable to allow the user to not use these
fancy brackets if this is important for them?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no