Subject: bug#45915: 28.2; delete-char deletes two letters

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:03:55 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I don't think this is the right solution.  One possible solution that
>> is better is to bind <Delete> to an org-table specific command, which
>> would insert some character displayed as a thin space between the two
>> spaces that have the 'display' property.  But I'll let Ihor chime in.
>
> One other possibility is to use a slightly different :relative-width
> factor for the two spaces in a table cell: one with the value of 1,
> the other with 1.001 (say).  They will be indistinguishable on
> display, but since the values are not equal, both stretch gfyphs will
> be displayed, not just one.

This is a good idea. I used it to fix the reported issue.

Fixed on main.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=9dde82411aefe5a6728eef95c3629dbf266fefa5

-- 
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at https://orgmode.org/.
Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode,
or support my work at https://liberapay.com/yantar92