Subject: bug#45911: authorized-fields is not/badly documented

From: raingloom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:39:03 +0100

On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 09:49:09 +0100
Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> raingloom <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > I'm still confused about what the proper way to store the config
> > info is. Like how I should even store it as Scheme source code.  
> 
> Did you see this section and do you find it helpful?
> 
>   https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Getting-Substitutes-from-Other-Servers.html
> 
> Ludo’.

I have, that's how I found out where the setting even is.
An issue that I only now noticed is that it doesn't explain where to
obtain the signing key from, or the new behaviour of `guix archive
--authorize`.

If no one wants to fix it, I'll submit a patch once I'm done setting up
Snapper and some backups.

Edit after this sat in my queue for a few days:
Okay, so I figured out that I should use a G-Expression if I want to
compute the file, instead of just include it. Still not sure how to
store it as Scheme data, but I have an untested idea involving the
"pipe" syntax for symbols.

Thanks for the pointers!