Subject: Re: bug#45898: 27.1; wedged in redisplay again

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 16:09:10 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 13:04:14 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Then there's a problem of determining which window is the problematic
> > one.
> 
> Idea: Perhaps our "redisplay is wedged" function should basically be
> "switch to a *warning* buffer".  I.e., if we can determine that Window
> Foo is the problem, then switch the buffer in that window to a buffer
> that reads "Redisplay was hanging in buffer *foo*".  If we can't
> determine the window that's handing, then just switch all windows (in
> all frames) to that warning buffer.

That might be something to do after ending _this_ redisplay cycle, but
we first need to end _this_ cycle, and end it in a way that Emacs
won't immediately re-enter redisplay and try to redraw that same
window.