Subject: bug#45898: 27.1; wedged in redisplay again

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:14:43 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 15:11:04 -0400
> 
> Eli Zaretskii [2022-06-20 14:58:55] wrote:
> > Stefan, can you chime in on this?  This aspect is basically the only
> > reason I didn't yet land the feature on master.
> 
> Sorry, I'm out of town and rather busy, but it's near the top of my
> pile, so I should get to it before the end of the week.

Thanks.

Btw, I found that it is better to set GC threshold to a high value
while investigating this case, because for some reason (probably
related to the root cause) it produces gobs of Lisp objects, so
originally every time I interrupted Emacs I found myself in GC.  Only
after raising the threshold I saw the actual culprit.