Subject: bug#45894: AW: Future of EPS (was Re: bug#45894: Bug report for preview-latex)

From: "Bruckmann, Tobias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:11:48 +0000

Dear Ikumi,

thanks a lot, especially for the detailed description of possible
approaches.

As many figures are scientific plots, e.g. generated in MATLAB, containing
axes definitions and multiple textual informations, that would be hard to
realize...

Thanks anyways! I will try to test TikZ export functions available in MATLAB
and Inkscape.

Best wishes,
Tobias

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> 
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. September 2021 10:20
An: Bruckmann, Tobias <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: Future of EPS (was Re: bug#45894: Bug report for preview-latex)

>>>>> "Bruckmann, Tobias" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Are you aware of any approach to do these LaTeX text replacements in 
> PDF graphics already today?

How about exporting figures _without_ texts and _adding_ annotation with
TikZ, as done in the attached example? In this way, no "text replacements"
are necessary.

Or is it too painful to adjust the position of the texts at LaTeX level, not
at the time of creation of figure?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita