Subject: bug#45894: AW: AW: bug#45894: Bug report for preview-latex

From: "Bruckmann, Tobias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 14:47:03 +0000

Hi Ikumi, David

this is a bad situation. I am quite surprised I am the first (and only?) one
to stumble across this:
- Most scientific works use vector EPS graphics. psfrag is extremely popular
in this field.
- Most works are published in PDF
- You can't get around hyperref

The combination of pstool and pdfLaTeX seems to be the most promising
approach to me to join these points in one toolchain. Living with an old
version might work for some months, but this can't be the future.

So there's no pathway and this toolchain is dead forever?

Thanks for your appreciated comment,
Tobias

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> 
Gesendet: Sonntag, 14. Februar 2021 20:32
An: Bruckmann, Tobias <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: AW: bug#45894: Bug report for preview-latex

Hi Tobias,

>>>>> "Bruckmann, Tobias" <[email-masked]> writes:
> I am not sure whether the status of my bug report:
> Is there any chance this will be resolved, or is it only of minor
relevance?

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't help. It requires mature knowledge about
TeX programming and Postscript language to deal with this issue. I have
neither one.

As I told before, I'd just recomend to keep an old TeX distribution
separately to typeset your documents. That's only workaround I can think of.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita