Subject: [bug#45893] [PATCH 0/2] DRAFT: Hint for options.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 13:15:10 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 12:29, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Let merge and improve if required, IMHO.  As Arun mentioned in the
> > «improving “guix search”» thread, maybe it is worth to give a look at
> > the Guile string library.
>
> I went ahead and applied the three patches.  I took the liberty to make
> two changes:

Thanks!

> It’s really pleasant!

Cool!  However, it works for commands using 'parse-command-line' and
not 'args-fold*'.  For example, one patch of the series replace for
"guix show" and "guix search".  I would like to replace all the
args-fold* by parse-command-line, I think it makes sense.  WDYT?

> (I thought: when one types “guix clone”, should we suggest “git clone”? :-))

Hehe!  Maybe an extension could invoke Git under the hood when the
command is not found. ;-)

Cheers,
simon