Subject: [bug#45893] [PATCH 0/2] DRAFT: Hint for options.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 18:35:49 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 18:20, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
> zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
> > * guix/scripts/search.scm (define-command): Replace 'args-fold*' by
> > 'parse-command-line'.
> > * guix/scripts/show.scm (define-command): Replace 'args-fold*' by
> > 'parse-command-line'.
>
> [...]
>
> > -    (args-fold* args %options
> > -                (lambda (opt name arg . rest)
> > -                  (leave (G_ "~A: unrecognized option~%") name))
> > -                handle-argument
> > -                '()))
> > +    (parse-command-line args %options '()))
>
> In these two cases, you need to pass #:build-options? #f.

Ok.  One question is: do we replace all the 'args-fold*' by
'parse-command-line' (with the correct arguments)?  If yes, the
proposal works.  Otherwise, the computation of the hint should be
moved to elsewhere.  But where to avoid to duplicate code (replacing
args-fld* by parse-command-line in all guix/scripts/ fixes the issue).

Note that the "issue" is to handle the error.  For example, if one
moves "option-hint" to "args-fold*" then the hint would not work for
all the commands.

What is your suggestion?

All the best,
simon