Subject: Re: Nextcloud Client (v8)

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:47:11 +0100

Hi Raghav,

Am Samstag, den 13.02.2021, 15:36 -0500 schrieb Raghav Gururajan:
> Hi Leo!
> 
> > Is cmake really needed?  I know that meson falls back to cmake if
> > pkg-
> > config fails and also supports output to cmake, but meson/ninja
> > should
> > be the default.
> 
> Yes, it is used to generate `.cmake` files inder '[out]/lib/cmake'.
Fair enough.

> > Could you try packaging those for Guix as well?
> 
> They don't have dedicated build scripts.
That may be an issue.  You might want to check which of those are
perhaps optional, so that you don't need to pull them in.  For example
it appears you're also deleting libcrashreporter-qt with no
replacement.

kmessagewidget appears to be a part of KDE core.  If anything there is
strictly necessary for building, we should perhaps define a package
variant, that has a slightly patched kmessagewidget.  qtlockedfile and
qtsingleapplication appear to be part of [1], a sort of metapackage,
from which you could spawn multiple descriptions.  For qtokenizer, I am
really not sure.

> > As with your telegram patch, I personally think the ordering is
> > wrong
> > here.
> 
> I changed it in v8.
LGTM.

> > You might want to regexp the middle part in case it is changed.
> 
> I could use PKGCONFIG_GETVAR\\(.+\\) but that would conflict with
> other 
> PKGCONFIG_GETVAR lines now or in future.
Okay, but you can do something like PKGCONFIG_GETVAR\\(.+
_install_dir\\), assuming that such variables should generally only be
bound once.  To be honest, I don't know enough CMake to tell, whether
that is a good idea, however.

> > What does this achieve exactly?
> 
> It configures the build-system to install modules in output "out" 
> instead of Qt's (input) path.
In that case, the comment should probably read something along the
lines of "Make sure, that <X> is installed under $prefix."

Regards,
Leo

[1] https://github.com/qtproject/qt-solutions