Subject: [bug#45875] [PATCH] Update gnunet to version 0.14.0

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 14:46:06 +0100

Hi Maxime,
>
> Which file? I presume test_proxy.sh.  Or do you mean gnu/packages/gnunet.scm?

test_proxy.sh

> Are you suggesting using the v0.14.0 tarball, and adding the missing
> test_proxy.sh using the patches mechanism described in "8.2 Defining Packages"?
> Seems a good idea to me, will do that later.  This should result in
> a simpler patch.

Exactly. I'm looking forward for the updated patch :-)

> I don't userstand your point about ‘changes not relevant to us’.  Why not
> just use the latest version for simplicity?  Are the newer versions broken
> on Guix in some manner perhaps?

Of course you can use the latest version. And this is the better solution!

Since the only(easy) way to add this file is by adding a patch to the 
"source" (as you can see here 
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/kde-frameworks.scm#n638>, 
my idea was to use the commit which introduced the missing file. This 
would save creating a patch your self, and this is why I checked whether 
the changes on for this this would be save.

Anyhow,suing the latest version is better! And creating the patch is not 
much work.

> I'll update gnunet-gtk as well in the next patch version.

Great!

-- 
+++hartmut

| Hartmut Goebel            |                       |
| [email-masked] | www.goebel-consult.de |