Subject: bug#45839: 28.0.50; Isearch and transient mode wierd behaviour in info-mode!

From: Utkarsh Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 17:20:43 +0530

In info-mode do the following:
+ C-SPC :: set mark
+ C-s valid_query :: search for some string
+ RET

By now you can see region is not highlighted and this will affect all
other command such as M-w(kill-ring-save).

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-01-11 built on archlinux
Repository revision: 8810e1789cce8cb9f2e463fc305c0b6ff12580ba
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12099001
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  company-tng-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/icomplete-vertical-20210105.500/icomplete-vertical hides /tmp/icomplete-vertical-0R2C0p/icomplete-vertical-20210105.500/icomplete-vertical
/home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/icomplete-vertical-20210105.500/icomplete-vertical-pkg hides /tmp/icomplete-vertical-0R2C0p/icomplete-vertical-20210105.500/icomplete-vertical-pkg
/home/utkarsh/.config/emacs/elpa/icomplete-vertical-20210105.500/icomplete-vertical-autoloads hides /tmp/icomplete-vertical-0R2C0p/icomplete-vertical-20210105.500/icomplete-vertical-autoloads

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug timezone dabbrev korea-util org-element
ol-eww eww xdg mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ol-docview
doc-view ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe shortdoc mule-util cl-print ido vc-git
modus-operandi-theme help-fns icomplete-vertical autoload radix-tree
lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode mm-archive gnutls network-stream
url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth epa-file password-store
auth-source-pass with-editor async-bytecomp async shell minibuf-eldef
two-column misearch multi-isearch flyspell ispell company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company-tng company pcase flycheck rx dash server
modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes gnus nnheader emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-exiftool
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info emms-later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate
emms-setup emms emms-compat notmuch hl-line notmuch-tree notmuch-jump
notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua
notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address
notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode coolj
notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs notmuch-tag
crm notmuch-lib notmuch-version notmuch-compat mm-view mml-smime smime
dig smtpmail sendmail sdcv pos-tip popup showtip esh-module esh-groups
esh-util elfeed-show elfeed-search message rmc rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader shr
kinsoku puny svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log elfeed-db
elfeed-lib thingatpt avl-tree generator url-queue xml-query xml
saveplace-pdf-view saveplace pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-start cus-load
pdf-view bookmark text-property-search pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info
tq pdf-util image-mode exif try winner icomplete amx s minions
autorevert filenotify org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs delsel recentf
tree-widget wid-edit paren elec-pair edmacro kmacro cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
info package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 679723 52515)
 (symbols 48 43644 5)
 (strings 32 192833 7458)
 (string-bytes 1 5816298)
 (vectors 16 68758)
 (vector-slots 8 1171046 137243)
 (floats 8 798 2574)
 (intervals 56 13094 1049)
 (buffers 984 25))

-- 
Utkarsh Singh