Subject: bug#45836: cups-service-type duplicates lp group

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 12:28:34 +0100

Hi Leo,

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> it has come to my attention due to the recent reporting of #45830 and
> some conversation in IRC, that cups-service-type adds an lp group,
> which is already defined in %base-groups.  Since both share the same
> definition, this is not too big an issue, but it prohibits us from
> using a hard error for #45770.
>
> I can currently think of two solutions: Either remove the lp group from
> cups-service-type or remove it from base-groups.  Neither sounds
> particularly awesome.  Perhaps we could also delete identical
> duplicates before asserting that there are none for #45770, but that
> sounds like a little much effort.  Any ideas how else to solve this?

I’d be pragmatic here:

  1. Ignore duplicates that are identical (don’t report them).

  2. Remove “lp” from %base-groups since it has no use without CUPS
     (right?).

Thanks,
Ludo’.