Subject: bug#45835: closed ((gnu machine digital-ocean) installs old Guix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 15:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#45835: (gnu machine digital-ocean) installs old Guix

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45835: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45835
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: (gnu machine digital-ocean) installs old Guix
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 17:25:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is no longer the case.  The module no longer references Guile 2,
and it installs the latest version of Guix.

-- 
Ricardo

Subject: (gnu machine digital-ocean) installs old Guix
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:46:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The (oddly named) procedure “guix-infect” in (gnu machine digital-ocean)
contains a Bash script that installs Guix 1.0.1 and sets the
GUILE_LOAD_PATH to that of Guile 2.2.

Likewise, “add-static-networking” in the same module sets
GUILE_LOAD_PATH to 2.2.

It seems to me that this should be updated to install the latest version
of Guix and set the load path to that of Guile 3.0.

I also wonder if there might not be a better way to deploy Guix quickly,
for example by using a relocatable pack of Guix and using “guix copy”
instead of executing a shell script.

-- 
Ricardo