Subject: Re: bug#45834: 28.0.50; Mouse events in terminal emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 18:06:55 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> C-x a C-g (translated from C-x M-[ O M-[ I a M-[ O M-[ I C-g) is undefined
>
> Which part of this do you consider wrong?
>
>> So somehow what we do in xterm-translate-focus-in causes Emacs to
>> interpret the sequence as an incomplete one.
>
> AFAIK, `C-x` is incomplete and so it `C-x a`, so I don't e anything
> wrong in what is described above.

It's not so much wrong as just pretty confusing.  That is, the original
complaint is that saying `C-h k' and then focusing on some other app
will leave Emacs saying "Describe the following ...: ESC [ O -", which
wasn't the case in Emacs 26 (because we hadn't enabled mouse-in/out in
xterm.el).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no